Getting Around During ScienceWriters2015
To familiarize yourself with the MIT campus, try clicking on the red placemarks on the interactive Google Map below.
- On October 9, the Knight Science Journalism welcome reception will be at Walker Memorial on the MIT campus.
- On October 10, NASW workshops and the awards gala will be at the Hyatt Regency Cambridge, the main conference hotel, at the far west side of the map.
- On October 11 and 12, CASW New Horizons talks will be at Kresge Auditorium and the MIT Student Center, near Massachusetts Avenue.
- "Lunch With a Luminary" sessions on October 11 and 12 will be at the Student Center and MIT's Building 4.
- Destinations for walking tours on October 11, 12, and 13 include the Plasma Science and Fusion Center, the Broad Institute of MIT and Harvard, Draper Laboratory, Johnson & Johnson Innovation, Biogen, and the Novartis Institutes of BioMedical Research.
- Buses will be provided for trips to more distant event and tour locations such as the Boston Globe, the BU Photonics Center, the BU National Emerging Infectious Disease Laboratories, the Harvard John A. Paulson School of Engineering and Applied Sciences, the Harvard Museums of Science and Culture, and Woods Hole.
- Three alternate hotels—the Fairfield Inn & Suites Boston/Cambridge, the Hampton Inn Boston/Cambridge, and the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Boston-Cambridge—are located on Monsignor O'Brien Highway, at the northeast corner of the map. They're close to the Lechmere stop on the MBTA Green Line, and a shuttle bus will run between the alternate hotels and the main conference and tour pickup sites beginning Friday evening, Oct. 9.